FIRST - I'm a non-fiction filmmaker based in Copenhagen, Denmark - working world wide. I direct and shoot film in various formats incl. documentaries, current affairs, news and branded.
SECOND - I have extensive experience making films around the world. Stories include the famine crisis in Somalia, opioid addiction in Zimbabwe, reindeer hunting with indigenous people north of the arctic circle, sex work in Romania, illegal street racing in Denmark, skateboard culture in Nepal and the armoured car business in the Middle East. Counting +50 million views across VICE Media platforms.
THIRD - Working as a freelance Director and Cinematographer at MELT MOTION. Att: Mathias.Arvedsen@meltmotion.com or hit me up on Signal/Telegram.
IN FIELD EXPERIENCE:
Afghanistan, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam & Zimbabwe.
- BA, Video Journalism - Danish School of Media and Journalism
- Certificate of Proficiency in Drone Operation (Type 1A - Category II)
- Certificate of Proficiency in TSAT (Travel Security Awareness Training)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Drug user first aid and use of antidote
- Certificate of Proficiency in Yachting (Power boats)
- Member of Danish Association for Investigative Journalism
- Member of The Danish Union of Journalists
- Driver's license (9 people)
- Motorcycle license (A)
Insta Life @Mathiasarvedsen
VICE, VICE News, Motherboard, Noisey, Munchies, Viceland, Broadly, VICE Studios, BBC, SBS Australia, TEDx, Unicef, Danish Refugee Council, Danish Broadcasting Corporation, TV2, Politiken, Go90, Radio24syv, DanChurchAid, The Danish Cancer Society, Sony Music, Disney, Movember, Virtue, Hjaltelin Stahl, Snowman Production & Endemol.