FIRST - I'm a filmmaker based in Copenhagen, Denmark - working world wide. I direct and shoot film in various formats incl. documentaries, current affairs, news and branded.
SECOND - I have extensive experience making films around the world. Stories include the famine crisis in Somalia, opioid addiction in Zimbabwe, reindeer hunting with indigenous people north of the arctic circle, sex work in Romania, illegal street racing in Denmark, skateboard culture in Nepal and the armored car business in Afghanistan.
THIRD - Working as a director and DoP at VICE Media. Att: Mathias.Arvedsen@vice.com or hit me up on Signal/Telegram.
IN FIELD EXPERIENCE:
Afghanistan, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Romania, Russia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam & Zimbabwe.
- BA, Video Journalism - Danish School of Media and Journalism
- Certificate of Proficiency in Drone Operation (Type 1A - Category II)
- Certificate of Proficiency in TSAT (Travel Security Awareness Training)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Drug user first aid and use of antidote
- Certificate of Proficiency in Yachting (Power boats)
- Driver's license (9 people)
- Motorcycle license (A)
Insta Life @Mathiasarvedsen
VICE, VICE News, Motherboard, Noisey, Munchies, Viceland, Broadly, SBS Australia, TEDx, Unicef, Disney, Danish Refugee Council, Danish Broadcasting Corporation, Politiken, Go90, Radio24syv, DanChurchAid, The Danish Cancer Society, Sony Music, Distortion, Roskilde Festival, Movember, Wood Wood, Virtue, Hjaltelin Stahl, Snowman Production & Endemol.